This earlier Thursday, the Professional medical Marijuana Licensing Board (MMLB) held their final formal assembly. Starting off tomorrow, the Marijuana Regulatory Company (MRA) will assessment and approve programs.
The new company is a outcome of Gov. Whitmer’s Government Order 2019-7, which abolished the MMLB in favor of rising the velocity of the facility licensing application method. Moreover, it will build the total business in Michigan at a faster speed.
The Ability of the Marijuana Regulatory Company
With the MMLB’s abolishment, the MRA assumes the ability of the MMLB, which includes the right(s) to:
- Grant or deny licenses
- Promulgate administrative principles
- Present for the levy and assortment of fines for violations of the act
- Provide oversight of accredited cannabis amenities
- Evaluate and rule upon any complaints created by a licensee concerning investigative processes
- Review the patterns of cannabis transfers to make tips to the governor and legislature in an once-a-year report, which shall be submitted by April 15th each year.
The regulatory authority of the 4 marijuana statutes in Michigan transfers more than to the MRA. Altogether, this consists of the Professional medical Marihuana Act (MMA), Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA), Marijuana Tracking Act (MTA), and the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act (MRTMA).
New and Economical System for Applicants
The MRA will host a significantly extra streamlined procedure as opposed to the MMLB. Essential enhancements incorporate:
- No agenda(s) to wait for.
- Applicants are not heading to have to go as a result of the board. This is especially vital for membership alterations, change of possession and management staff change requests.
Continuing Success Under the MRA
Cannabis Authorized Group is happy to say that just about every client we have assisted publishing their Pre-Qualification Software or Condition Operating License software above the past eighteen months was authorized by the MMLB. In addition, this signifies that that you can be self-confident that our staff of skilled cannabis attorneys will do almost everything to support you get a marijuana facility license.
We anticipate much more good results with the development of the MRA and seem ahead to assisting our present and foreseeable future purchasers.